The other day, as I knew I was running out of dishwasher detergent, I decided to see if I could find one that may be more environmentally friendly and cheaper. It is amazing what you can find on the internet! It is really easy to make (took about 1 minute) and works rather well. You may have to play around with the amount of salt and borax based on how hard your water is.
First, I put white vinegar in the Jet Dry dispenser.
Ingredients:
1 cup Washing Soda (Baking Soda found in a large box in the laundry section)
1 cup Borax (also in the laundry section)
1/4 cup Salt
Mix all the ingredients together. Keep in a storage container and use as you would your regular powder dish detergent. I use an old formula can and its scoop.
FYI: Washing Soda and Borax have plenty of other household cleaning uses. More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment